Below you’ll find a description of all of our online counseling that we conduct through a secure connection over the internet. When you’re ready to schedule your online session, please click the ‘Schedule Today’ button to connect with us and get the process started.
Sometimes called ‘TeleHealth.’
This refers to the use of technology such as video chatting in order to provide counseling services to individuals from a distance.
Not only can clients find a qualified counselor of their choice online and schedule a meeting; the service itself can be carried out online without ever leaving your home.
Online counseling provides clients and clinicians the ability to see and hear each other and allows for the feeling that they are effectively communicating, as if in the office, with similar therapeutic outcome rates.
How does it work?
Our electronic health records software, TheraNest, provides a HIPPA-compliant, secure platform for video and audio-conferencing.
1) On the day of your session, you will receive an email with a unique link to your appointment.
2) At the time of your appointment, click the link to join your therapist in a private video session.
3) Enter your name and click to join the session.
We suggest using earbuds to avoid distractions as you meet with your counselor.
Heading into our second full week of tele-mental health sessions, we are happy to report that the platform is stable and providing high-quality video and audio in nearly all our sessions.
What do you need?
1) A working computer, tablet, or phone.
2) A microphone and webcam.
3) High Speed internet access.
We would like to note that we have chosen technology specifically designed to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of our client’s information. As such, you can rest assured that online counseling upholds the same privacy as traditional therapy settings.
Sheltering Oaks has made the decision to introduce online counseling for a magnitude of reasons.
Online counseling may be a good fit for you if:
- You have a busy schedule that interferes with traditional therapy sessions. The management of personal time away from family or work is central to many individuals’ decision to access mental health care online.
- You experience anxiety about possibly seeing someone you know while attending therapy sessions at a clinic.
- You feel uncomfortable discussing personal information face-to-face. Some find it freeing to speak about their struggles and identify their emotions through an online portal versus dealing with the face-to-face pressure that you may face in more traditional settings.
- You have difficulties with geographical barriers, transportation, or obtaining childcare.
- You have been on a long waitlist for the clinicians in your area and wish to gain some peace of mind sooner.
If you have an inclination that you might need to talk with someone, do it. Counseling is a perfectly normal and valuable experience that benefits many people. Is it time for you to get help and feel more connected in your relationships?
Ready to Schedule an Appointment for testing or therapy?
We know how difficult it can be to take the first step to ask for help. You also may have questions! Our team of mental health professionals are available to help you through this process. Call today and we will get you scheduled with one of our therapists or testing psychologists. If you have questions before you begin, we're here to answer questions about therapy, testing, our counselors, or anything else. Please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon!
Contact Us Today! Click here to fill out our contact form >>
Other Mental Health Services at Sheltering Oaks Counseling
Your family may need help in more than one way. At Sheltering Oaks Counseling, we want to meet the mental health needs of every member of your family. Therefore, we offer a number of mental health services at our Wesley Chapel, FL based therapy clinic. For example, our therapists offer Christian counseling, counseling for young adults, therapy for cancer survivors and trauma therapy. We also have marriage counseling, family therapy, play therapy, and counseling for ministers. Not only can we help you in our Tampa area counseling offices, but we can also work with you anywhere in the state with online therapy in Florida.
Additionally, we offer several types of testing services, including neuropsychological testing, ADHD testing, psychoeducational evaluation, Gifted testing, and more. Finally, our specialty services for veterans and parents as IEP advocates can help you too! We would love to connect when you are ready to reach out.