Psycho Educational Testing
Below you’ll find a description of our psycho educational testing services that we administer to our clients. When you’re ready to schedule your testing session, please click the ‘Schedule Today’ button to connect with us and get the process started.
Purpose of a psycho-educational evaluation
Psycho-educational testing is designed to eliminate the guessing game and identify the root cause of poor academic performance in children and teens. This assessment can specifically define both your child’s strengths and his areas of weakness, allowing the strengths to be amplified and the weaknesses to be targeted and overcome.
For many children, having a psycho-educational assessment performed is the first step toward not only securing a diagnosis (i.e., Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), but also accessing a range of timely interventions and support programs.
Signs that a psycho educational evaluation is needed for your child
- Your child continues to struggle greatly and consistently in certain areas despite classroom accommodations/additional help being provided
- Your child has a progressively worsening attitude toward school (e.g. a complete loss of interest in school as a whole or the belief that he is “bad at school”)
- Persistently disruptive behavior in class, and/or a failure to learn basic intellectual, social, or behavioral skills (as appropriate for his age group).
Components of a psycho educational evaluation
- Cognitive processing abilities (including logical reasoning, processing speed, memory, attention, and executive functioning).
- Current level of academic knowledge in various subject areas such as reading, writing, and math.
- Screening for social, behavioral, and emotional functioning.
Steps of the Neuropsychological Testing Process
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
We know how difficult it can be to take the first step to begin therapy. You also may have questions! We’re available to process your request and get you scheduled with one of our qualified professionals. Plus, our team is available to answer your questions about our services, our caring counselors, or any additional details. Please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon!
Contact Us Today! Click here to fill out our contact form >>
Other Therapy Services at Sheltering Oaks Counseling
We have a number of valuable mental health services at our Wesley Chapel, FL based therapy clinic. Of course, you may have multiple concerns or may know someone who could benefit from these services! That's why we offer Christian counseling, counseling for young adults, therapy for cancer survivors, trauma therapy, marriage counseling, family therapy, and counseling for ministers. Not only can we help you in our Tampa area counseling offices, but we can also work with you anywhere in the state with online therapy in Florida.
In addition to therapy, we also provide a wide variety of testing services, including neuropsychological testing, ADHD testing, Gifted testing, and more. Finally, our specialty services for veterans and parents as IEP advocates can help you too! We would love to connect when you are ready to reach out.